A case study is an in-depth study of one person, group, or event. … While case studies focus on a single individual or group, they follow a format that is similar to other types of psychology writing.
What is a case study study?
a case study can be defined as an intensive study about a person, a group of people or a unit, which is aimed to generalize over several units’.1 A case study has also been described as an intensive, systematic investigation of a single individual, group, community or some other unit in which the researcher examines in …
How do you do a case study in psychology?
How to write a psychology case study
- Gather information to create a profile for a subject. …
- Choose a case study method. …
- Collect information regarding the subject’s background. …
- Describe the subject’s symptoms or problems. …
- Analyze the data and establish a diagnosis. …
- Choose a treatment approach.
Why is case study important in psychology?
Case studies capture a range of perspectives, as opposed to the single view of an individual you get with a survey response or interview. This gives the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of the subject in hand and reduces the potential for any bias, by diluting the agenda of a particular individual.
What is a case study design?
Case Study Design. Definition and Purpose. A case study is an in-depth study of a particular research problem rather than a sweeping statistical survey or comprehensive comparative inquiry. It is often used to narrow down a very broad field of research into one or a few easily researchable examples.
How do you study a case study?
Writing a Case Study Analysis
- Read and Examine the Case Thoroughly. Take notes, highlight relevant facts, underline key problems.
- Focus Your Analysis. Identify two to five key problems. …
- Uncover Possible Solutions/Changes Needed. …
- Select the Best Solution.
Where is case study used?
Case studies are commonly used in social, educational, clinical, and business research. A case study research design usually involves qualitative methods, but quantitative methods are sometimes also used.
What’s another term for case study?
What is another word for case study?
What are the advantages of a case study?
List of the Advantages of the Case Study Method
- It turns client observations into useable data. …
- It turns opinion into fact. …
- It is relevant to all parties involved. …
- It uses a number of different research methodologies. …
- It can be done remotely. …
- It is inexpensive. …
- It is very accessible to readers.
What are the types of case study?
Types of case studies
- Descriptive case studies.
- Explanatory case studies.
- Exploratory case reports.
- Intrinsic case studies.
- Instrumental case studies.
- Collective case reports.
What are characteristics of case study?
Characteristics of Case Study
- The number of unit to be studied is small.
- It studies a social unit deeply and thoroughly.
- It is qualitative as well as quantitative.
- It covers sufficient wide cycle of time.
- It has continuity in nature.
Case study is a form of qualitative descriptive research that is used to look at individuals, a small group of participants, or a group as a whole. This qualitative method of study emphasizes detailed contextual analysis of a limited number of events or conditions and their relationships.