What are the 3 main components of the nervous system?
The human nervous system is made up of three basic parts: the central nervous system, the peripheral nervous system, and the autonomic nervous system.
What are the two main components of the nervous system?
The nervous system is made up of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system:
- The brain and the spinal cord are the central nervous system.
- The nerves that go through the whole body make up the peripheral nervous system.
What are the 7 major components of the nervous system?
The central nervous system (defined as the brain and spinal cord) is usually considered to have seven basic parts: the spinal cord, the medulla, the pons, the cerebellum, the midbrain, the diencephalon, and the cerebral hemispheres (Figure 1.10; see also Figure 1.8).
What are the 4 main functions of the nervous system?
The four main functions of the nervous system are:
- Control of body’s internal environment to maintain ‘homeostasis’ An example of this is the regulation of body temperature. …
- Programming of spinal cord reflexes. An example of this is the stretch reflex. …
- Memory and learning. …
- Voluntary control of movement.
What are the two main components of the nervous system quizlet?
The Nervous System is divided into two parts. What are they? 1) The CNS (Central Nervous System) and 2) The PNS (Peripheral Nervous System.
What are the components of the nervous system quizlet?
Terms in this set (13)
- Components of the Nervous System/organs. brain, spinal cord, nerves.
- Three types of neurons. sensory neurons, interneurons, motor neurons.
- Nervous System. …
- Peripheral Nervous System (PNS) …
- Central Nervous System (CNS) …
- Nerves. …
- Sensory Neurons. …
- Motor Neurons.
What are the 5 main functions of the nervous system?
5 Major Functions of Nervous System
- Detection of both internal environment and external environmental changes of the body.
- Conduction of Information.
- Integration of Information.
- Respond to stimuli.
What are the 5 nervous system?
The Brain and Spinal Cord Are the Central Nervous System. Nerves and Sensory Organs Make Up the Peripheral Nervous System. Together, the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous systems (PNS) transmit and process sensory information and coordinate bodily functions.